You are here
New Toolkit: Responding to Family Violence
Family violence is a serious issue in Texas. According to the Texas Council on Family Violence, 1 in 3 Texans will experience domestic violence in their life.
Faith communities can be key resources for victims of family violence. It is vital for clergy to know how to respond when a congregant approaches them about their concerns...and it’s important for congregations to make family violence awareness part of their culture.
Texas Impact’s toolkit for congregations, Responding to Family Violence, is a great place to start. It includes information that faith communities need to be proactive:
- basic legal information like definitions
- websites and phone numbers for professional responders
- religious resources like sermon starters and prayers
- printable signs for restrooms and other public areas
- guidance from Texas religious and policy experts
Responding to Family Violence is available online as a free download. The toolkit is also available in print for $20 including postage. The print publication comes bound and 3-hole punched.
To order copies of Responding to Family Violence, email email@example.com