Handouts from this week's Weekly Witness:
- The Budget (Environmental, Parks and Wildlife Concerns)
- 2017 ACT Lobby Day Bill Sheet
- Water Conservation Bill Sheet
- Letter Asking the Senate to Reject Kelcy Warren's Appointment to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission: Support Parks, Not Pipelines
Bills in Committee This Week
Pay Day & Auto Title Lending Reform
- HB 1134 by Craddick (Makes the city ordinances apply statewide)
- HB 741 by Bernal (Requires payday lenders to assess a borrowers ability to repay)
- HB 975 by Giddings (payday lenders cannot threaten criminal prosecution for being unable to pay)
- HB 3508 by Neave (Prohibits governmental contracts with payday lenders)
House Investments & Financial Services Committee hearing Tuesday, April 25
Keep These Bills Moving! Report from Committee ASAP!
Tell House Calendars to Support
Tell Your House Member
Tell Your Senate Member
Weekly Witness Call Scripts
Click here for a list of toll free numbers for Committee members referenced on the first page. The full list of House and Senate members is at www.texasimpact.org/action. of Using the toll free numbers allow Texas Impact staff to track how many calls are going in to each office.
It’s especially helpful if your own senator or representative is a member of the committee; however, even if you don’t live in the district of any committee members, you still should call all the members of the committee and let them know how you feel about the bill.
Don’t forget to thank the staff member you are talking to at the end of the call, even if you disagree with their boss on the issue or bill—they are working hard and appreciate being appreciated!
In the past members have occasionally blocked our toll free number because of high call volume from people of faith. We want them to hear your voice, so if you call twice and received busy signals, email email@example.com and we will update the number.